The first iPad Mini has been around for quite a few years now. There may be some of you who have taken incredible care of their iPad Mini over the years, but now you’re in need of a screen replacement. Is an iPad Mini still supported? Or is it a specialist replacement because of how old it is?
In this blog, we will answer the question ‘How much does it cost to replace a iPad Mini screen?’
The team at imFixed are here to provide you with premium solutions without the premium costs. We understand how significant our electronic devices are. That’s why we’ve made it our duty to help you with your devices.
The iPad Mini
The iPad Mini, released in late 2012, is a variant of the iPad design. As the name suggests, it is a smaller version of the iPad. This can be convenient in terms of price, as it retains most of the features of its original predecessor, but is easier to handle due to its smaller size. You can see the device’s full specifications here.
The device was available to be updated to the latest operating system up until 2019. As the device is now over 10 years old, it is considered to be an obsolete Apple product. But what does that mean?
Obsolete Apple products
Apple products that have stopped being sold and distributed more than 7 years ago are considered to be obsolete. This is regardless of when they were purchased. As a result, all hardware services are unavailable for obsolete products, and parts cannot be ordered from Apple for obsolete products.
For a full understanding of Apple’s vintage/obsolete hardware policy, you can click here.
When should a iPad screen get replaced?
Often, many smart device users end up with a small crack on their screen, this crack, although it is annoying and relatively obscure, can actually become a big issue. The issue is, is that people assume there is no serious damage on the screen even though there is a crack, as everything seems to be working normally.
But it is exactly at this point that you should repair your screen. Whether it is a large crack or a small one, it is essentially a weak point on your screen. This means that your screen is compromised to suffer more serious damage if it is dropped again.
Although you don’t have to repair the screen at this point, you should. That being said, if you see the following signs, you should repair the screen immediately.
How much does it cost to replace a iPad Mini Screen?
At imFixed, we only charge £55 to replace an iPad Min 2 screen. Considering this is a device that is over 10 years old, and is no longer supported by Apple, this is a fair price to repair the screen of this device. In addition to the fact that there are no parts for this device directly available from Apple anymore.
Here is a basic outline of the process we undertake to replace your iPad Mini screen.
- We assess the severity of the damage on the screen, and check to see if there are cracks on the body of the iPad Mini.
- We loosen and separate the screen from the back casing of the iPad Mini.
- The next step is that we remove the screen, making sure to safely disconnect any connective wiring between the screen and the circuit board.
- We assess the internal workings to see if there are any other issues that can contribute to your screen being faulty.
- After this, we carefully attach the replacement screen and all the relevant connections on the circuit board.
- We test the screen to see if it works before fully reattaching.
- Once we know the screen is working, we securely reattach the iPad screen to its backing.
How do you replace a screen for an obsolete product?
As we mentioned earlier, this particular model of iPad is obsolete, so this means that parts can not be obtained directly from Apple, as they do not supply them anymore. There are a few solutions we have available depending on the device in need of repair, they are…
- We have a collection of screens and parts specifically for the obsolete product that we can use.
- We can find a near perfect match for the screen, but it won’t be made from Apple. We will ask your permission if this is the only option available to us. That being said, please consider the fact that an obsolete Apple product will not be available for repair by them, so you already have very little options available.
- There is an option to use the working parts of the same model of device that we already have.
The benefits of a refurbished device
In cases such as this, using an officially obsolete product may end up becoming more of a hindrance, simply because it is not supported anymore. This is understandable considering the multitude of models that has followed the original iPad Mini.
Sometimes, we don’t even know how much better a newer device would be. If you’re upgrading from a device that is over 10 years old, you’ll find that a device that is even 4 years old will be a massive improvement over your original device.
Here are some benefits you can find when you upgrade to a newer device.
- The newer device will generally operate faster.
- It will have developed hardware, such as a better camera/speakers.
- The device will likely have new features either internally or externally.
- It will likely have extended capabilities that relate to connectivity and more.
- An upgrade in picture quality, frame rate etc.
- Usually, there will be more internal storage space.
- Features that are exclusive to the device/operating system.
imFixed offers a variety of refurbished iPad devices from the Mini series, to the Air, and Pro, or just the standard iPad range. Refurbished devices are devices we have received and repaired internally and externally, this is to ensure they work as good as new.
This differs from most items that are labelled as ‘pre-owned’ which may just have a factory reset, with no serious repair undertaken, aside from addressing superficial issues.
Repair your iPad Mini today
Whatever device, model, or issue you have, imFixed is here to help you get it back up and running. Just pop in or call for collection if you’re in the Greater Manchester area to have your device repaired and handed back to you on the same day.
Or, post your device to us from elsewhere in the UK for just £9.99 extra, and have your device repaired and delivered back to your door within 2-3 working days!
What are you waiting for? Get your device repaired today!
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us regarding our expert services, or products. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and encourage you to get in touch to get complete peace of mind.
Within this blog, we hope to have answered the question ‘How much does it cost to replace a iPad Mini screen?’ while providing all the information you need. In addition to all the relevant services that you need to make an informed decision when it comes to your smart devices.
You can find us at:
077 548 548 69