Having a iPad screen that needs replacing can be a massive hindrance. If you neglect to repair it as soon as possible, you run the risk of accumulating further damage that could result in even more problems with the device.
With that being said, it is no question that replacing an iPad screen as soon as possible is important. That’s why in this blog, we will answer the question ‘How to replace iPad 5th Gen screen?’
The team at imFixed are here to provide you with premium solutions without the premium costs. We understand how significant our electronic devices are. That’s why we’ve made it our duty to help you with your devices.
The iPad 5th Generation
The iPad 5th Generation is a tablet released by Apple in 2017. Although you may think a 6-year-old tablet is far behind in terms of technology and capabilities, it would surprise you to know that 5th Generation iPads are still in use today.
Here is a full list of the specifications of the iPad 5th Generation.
Is an iPad the same as an iPhone?
No, an iPad is a tablet, which is a device that can be used for leisure, work purposes, as a means of interface with customers to your business, and much more. Some iPads can only use Wi-Fi calling features as their maximum level of phone-like operations, others can have SIM cards inserted.
Physically, iPads maintain the sleek and pristine aesthetic that features on iPhones and most other Apple products. However, iPads are generally much larger devices.
When should a iPad screen be replaced?
You should seek to replace your iPad screen under the following circumstances…
- The screen is dead.
- The screen has dead pixels.
- There is a large crack or cracks running through the screen.
- Colour and image clarity has changed after the screen damage.
- Portions of the screen are not displaying or functioning properly.
- The screen randomly comes off and on.
There are a number of factors that can create these circumstances. Some of which are avoidable, here are the usual problems that cause the aforementioned issues.
- Heavy physical damage.
- Water damage.
- Circuit board issues.
- Contaminants entering the device.
- Poor maintenance.
- Dropping the device.
How to replace iPad 5th Gen screen?
With imFixed, the cost to replace the screen of an iPad 5th Gen is £110. This affordable and fair price reflects value for money despite the extensive service we supply. Here is a brief summary of the process we undertake when replacing your iPad screen.
- We assess the severity of the damage on the screen, and check to see if there are cracks on the body of the iPad.
- We loosen and separate the screen from the back casing of the iPad.
- The next step is that we remove the screen, making sure to safely disconnect any connective wiring between the screen and the circuit board.
- We assess the internal workings to see if there are any other issues that can contribute to your screen being faulty.
- After this, we carefully attach the replacement screen and all the relevant connections on the circuit board.
- We test the screen to see if it works before fully reattaching.
- Once we know the screen is working, we securely reattach the iPad screen to its backing.
If there are any further damages that we find during our process that needs repair, we will get in contact with you. Of course, additional work will contribute to a higher repair cost.
How much does Apple charge to repair a 5th Generation iPad?
According to Apple’s website, a repair for a iPad 5th generation that isn’t a battery issue, costs an estimated £279. This price can either increase or decrease after they have obtained the specific details they require from you.
Apple does have an additional support plan for your Apple devices, called AppleCare+ which greatly subsidises the cost of phone repairs and gives you access to more support services. For this particular model of iPad, the cost of repair with an AppleCare+ plan is an estimated £39.
Services include 24-hour priority calling, however, you still have to pay a monthly fee of £9.99, this might not be worth it for some, along with a cheaper price to repair the fault at hand.
How to protect an iPad screen
Regardless of the generation of iPad you have, protecting the device, specifically the screen, is paramount in maintaining its practical usage. Thankfully, there are methods and items you can use to protect the screen and reinforce its effectiveness.
To protect an iPad screen, you should…
- Keep the device away from water at all times.
- Purchase a screen protector and
- Ensure the iPad is in a durable case when travelling with it.
- Avoid hitting or pressing the screen with excessive force.
- Do not leave the iPad unattended around young children or animals.
- Do not place excessive weight on the iPad.
Why are tablet screens sensitive?
The sensitivity of tablet screens is purely due to the fact that they are made from glass. Glass is the best material to use in order to have touchscreens that are accurate to your touch. Unfortunately, the drawback to using glass is its sensitivity.
Is it worth upgrading an iPad 5th Generation?
The 5th Generation of iPads are now within the ‘vintage’ category of devices, as they have not been sold between 5 & 7 years. Aside from receiving occasional updates to deal with bug issues, it may become more difficult to repair in the future, or certain capabilities will not be available to these older devices.
The benefits of upgrading a device that is 7 years old far outweighs the benefit of continuing to use said device. By upgrading to a newer iPad model, you will…
- Use a device that is faster.
- The newer device will have better capabilities.
- Have access to features that weren’t available in your original model.
- Use upgraded hardware such as cameras on the newer device.
- Experience better screen resolution.
- Have access to larger memory capacities which means more space for storage.
imFixed offers a variety of refurbished iPad devices from the Mini series, to the Air, and Pro, or just the standard iPad range. Refurbished devices are devices we have received and repaired internally and externally, this is to ensure they work as good as new.
As a result, you can get a premium device, for a reduced price, that also operates like it’s fresh out of the factory! Check our refurbished iPad devices here.
Repair your iPad today
Whatever device, model, or issue you have, imFixed is here to help you get it back up and running. Just pop in or call for collection if you’re in the Greater Manchester area to have your phone repaired and handed back to you on the same day.
Or, post your phone to us from elsewhere in the UK for just £9.99 extra, and have your phone repaired and delivered back to your door within 2-3 working days!
What are you waiting for? Get your phone repaired today!
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us regarding our expert services, or products. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and encourage you to get in touch to get complete peace of mind.
Within this blog, we hope to have answered the question ‘How to replace iPad 5th Gen screen?’ while providing all the information you need. In addition to all the relevant services that you need to make an informed decision when it comes to your smart devices.
You can find us at:
077 548 548 69