How to transfer data from iOS to Samsung devices. If you’ve decided to change from an iPhone to any Samsung Galaxy smartphone, you will definitely want to transfer your data from the old phone to the new phone. This article will guide you through the process of transferring all your data, contacts, photos, and services safely from your old iPhone to your new Samsung phone.
The following steps will transfer all your data both quickly and without losing any important data.There are three easy methods to transfer your data from an iOS device to a Samsung device. You can transfer data via Wi-Fi, using a USB cable, or even better, using a PC or Mac. All these transfer methods are possible on the Smart Switch available on your Samsung device.Using Wi-Fi to Transfer Data
transfer data using a cable.
Transfer data using a PC or Mac
Using third-party apps
Transferring data between iPhone and Android devices hasn’t always been easy, but this can now be achieved with data transfer apps wirelessly. Let’s take a look at the three best apps.
It is considered the best of the lot because, with one click, you can easily move data between two devices. However, for this to work, you need to install the Mobile Trans software on your computer. Connect both devices to the computer and launch the Mobile Trans app. Select the “Phone Transfer” option from the software dashboard and choose the file that you want to transfer. Click the start button and your data will be transferred to your Samsung phone in a few minutes.
SHAREit app is another recommended iOS to Android transfer app. It is widely used by many people to share various types of data. It has gained huge popularity just because of its high transfer speed. It has remarkable features that make it very useful and versatile. It can transfer a wide range of file types.
It works with various operating systems, such as Android, iOS, and Windows.
Google has gone out of its way to make things easier for iOS and Android users. By using the Google Drive app, you will be able to easily transfer data. For many, Google Drive is the ultimate solution; it allows you to easily transfer data from your iOS device to your Samsung device. It works by simply saving files into Google Drive on one phone and accessing them on the other phone via the Internet. It offers a keyword search option, which makes the search easier.
Transferring data from iOS to Samsung devices involves several methods, each catering to specific needs. Here’s a comprehensive guide detailing various approaches for a seamless transition:
1. Using Smart Switch:
– Samsung’s Smart Switch app simplifies data transfer. Install it on both devices.
– Connect them using a USB-OTG adapter or a USB-C cable.
– Open Smart Switch on your Samsung device, select iOS as the source, and follow the on-screen prompts.
– Choose the data categories to transfer, like contacts, messages, photos, and apps.
2. Syncing Contacts and Calendars:
– On your iPhone, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud.
– Enable Contacts and Calendars sync.
– On your Samsung device, add the same Google account used on your iPhone. Contacts and Calendars will sync automatically.
3. Transferring Photos and Videos:
– Use Google Photos or a cloud service like iCloud or Dropbox.
– Upload photos/videos on your iPhone to the chosen service.
– Install the corresponding app on your Samsung device and sign in to access your media.
4. Moving Music and Audio Files:
– For iTunes music, use Samsung Smart Switch or download the Apple Music app on your Samsung device.
– For other audio files, transfer them via USB, Bluetooth, or use apps like SHAREit.
5. Transferring Apps:
– Some apps might be available on both iOS and Android. Install them directly from the Google Play Store on your Samsung device.
– For apps without Android versions, find alternative apps or check if the developers offer a migration tool.
6. Migrating Messages:
– Use Samsung Smart Switch for transferring text messages.
– For iMessages, you might need to use third-party apps, and remember to deactivate iMessage on your iPhone.
7. Emails and Documents:
– Sync emails using the respective email provider’s app on both devices.
– For documents, use cloud services like Google Drive or OneDrive for cross-platform accessibility.
8. Manually Copying Data:
– Connect both devices to a computer using USB cables.
– On your iPhone, navigate to the DCIM folder to copy photos.
– For other files, use the respective folders (e.g., Music, Documents) and copy them to your Samsung device.
9. Using Third-Party Apps:
– Apps like PhoneTrans or AnyTrans offer cross-platform data transfer solutions.
– Follow the instructions provided by the chosen app to transfer data seamlessly.
10. Adjusting Settings on Samsung Device:
– After transferring data, configure settings on your Samsung device.
– Update contact details, sync accounts, and personalize settings to match your preferences.
11. Verifying Data Integrity:
– Double-check transferred data to ensure nothing is missing or corrupted.
– Verify contacts, photos, messages, and other critical data.
12. Disabling iMessage and Facetime:
– To prevent issues with messages, disable iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone.
– This ensures messages sent to your phone number are correctly received on your Samsung device.
Remember to back up your data before initiating any transfer, and be patient during the process, especially for large datasets. Each method has its advantages, so choose the one(s) that best suit your needs for a smooth transition from iOS to Samsung.
Its features include:
You cannot make calls to contacts who have been transferred.
If you experience problems with making phone calls to a contact that you’ve just transferred from another device, you need to check the phone number all over again just to make sure it’s written correctly. Some of the transferred contacts may have been stored on the old device with the area code “+?” and some with the “0,” e.g., +? (0) 7777777777. The number may start with “+3530” after a transfer, rendering the contact number invalid.
What you need to do is to update the contact number by changing it from ‘+3530’ to either ‘+?’ or ‘0’.
Switching from iOS to Samsung is a decision driven by a variety of factors, as both ecosystems offer unique features and experiences. Here’s a comprehensive exploration of why individuals might choose to make the transition:
1. Customisation and Flexibility:
– Samsung devices, running on Android, provide users with a high level of customisation. From changing home screen layouts to using third-party launchers, users have more control over the look and feel of their devices.
2. Diverse Device Range:
– Samsung offers a wide range of devices catering to different budgets and preferences. From flagship models like the Galaxy S series to more budget-friendly options like the Galaxy A series, users have a plethora of choices based on their needs.
3. Expandable Storage:
– Most Samsung devices support expandable storage via microSD cards. This feature allows users to easily increase their device’s storage capacity, which is particularly appealing for those who require ample space for photos, videos, and apps.
4. Versatile Hardware Options:
– Samsung devices often come equipped with innovative hardware features, such as larger and higher resolution displays, advanced camera systems, and various form factors. Users looking for diverse hardware options might find Samsung’s offerings compelling.
5. Multi-Window and Productivity Features:
– Samsung’s devices come with features like Multi-Window, allowing users to run two apps simultaneously, enhancing multitasking capabilities. This appeals to users who prioritise productivity on their smartphones.
6. Customisable Widgets:
– Android, the operating system used by Samsung, supports customisable widgets on the home screen. Users can add widgets for quick access to information without opening the respective apps, providing a more efficient and personalised experience.
7. Integration with Google Services:
– Samsung devices seamlessly integrate with Google services. Users who heavily rely on Google apps and services may find the transition to a Samsung device more fluid, as these services are deeply ingrained in the Android ecosystem.
8. Open App Ecosystem:
– The Google Play Store offers a more open app ecosystem compared to the Apple App Store. This openness allows for a wider variety of apps, including those that might not meet Apple’s stringent App Store guidelines.
9. Customisable Default Apps:
– Android allows users to set default apps for various functions, such as web browsing, email, and messaging. This flexibility is attractive to users who want to choose their preferred apps for different tasks.
– Samsung provides a range of smartphones at various price points, including more budget-friendly options. For users looking for high-quality devices without the premium price tag, Samsung offers compelling alternatives.
11. Different Design Aesthetics:
– Samsung’s design philosophy often includes features like curved displays, vibrant colours, and a variety of materials. Users who appreciate different design aesthetics might be drawn to Samsung devices for their unique and visually appealing hardware.
12. Customisable Operating System:
– Android is an open-source operating system, allowing users to modify it beyond what’s possible with iOS. Tech-savvy users who enjoy tinkering with their devices may find the flexibility of Android enticing.
13. Continued Innovation:
– Samsung has been at the forefront of innovation in the smartphone industry. Features like foldable displays, advanced camera technologies, and integration with other smart devices showcase Samsung’s commitment to pushing technological boundaries.
14. Wider Range of Accessories:
– The popularity and diversity of Samsung devices contribute to a broader selection of third-party accessories. Users who enjoy personalising their smartphones with cases, chargers, and other accessories may find more options for Samsung devices.
15. Ease of File Transfer:
– Transferring files between Samsung devices and other Android devices is often more straightforward due to the nature of the Android operating system. This ease of file transfer can be advantageous for users who frequently share files with others.
Ultimately, the decision to switch from iOS to Samsung is highly subjective and depends on individual preferences, needs, and priorities. Some users may be drawn to the customisation options and hardware innovations offered by Samsung, while others may appreciate the seamless integration within the Apple ecosystem. Understanding one’s priorities and preferences is key to making an informed decision when considering a switch between these two prominent mobile ecosystems.
You can use Samsung’s Smart Switch app for a hassle-free transfer. Install the app on both devices, connect them with a USB-OTG adapter or cable, open Smart Switch on your Samsung, select iOS as the source, and follow the prompts. Your contacts will be seamlessly transferred.
2. What’s the best way to move photos and videos from my iPhone to a Samsung phone?
One effective method is using cloud services. Upload your photos and videos to iCloud, Google Photos, or Dropbox on your iPhone, and then download the corresponding app on your Samsung device. Sign in and access your media files effortlessly.
3. Can I transfer my WhatsApp messages from iPhone to a Samsung device?
While WhatsApp doesn’t provide a direct cross-platform transfer option, you can use third-party tools like Dr.Fone or MobileTrans. Follow the instructions provided by these tools to successfully transfer your WhatsApp messages from iOS to your Samsung device.
4. How can I ensure a smooth transition of my music library from iTunes to a Samsung phone?
If you’re using Apple Music, simply download the Apple Music app on your Samsung device and sign in to access your library. For non-Apple Music audio files, transfer them via USB, Bluetooth, or use apps like SHAREit. Samsung Smart Switch is also handy for music transfer.
5. What steps should I take to transfer my apps from iPhone to Samsung?
A5: For apps available on both platforms, simply download them from the Google Play Store on your Samsung device. For apps without Android versions, consider finding alternatives or check if the developers offer a migration tool. Samsung Smart Switch is another option for a comprehensive app transfer.
You Can Find US At:
101 Tonge Moor Road, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL2 2DL
BUY NOW.PAY LATER
PAY IN 3 INTEREST-FREE INSTALMENTS