Having to fix a iPad 10th Gen screen can be an expensive process considering it was released only in 2022. That being said, there are wallet-friendly solutions that can still allow you to get your iPad repaired.
That’s why in this blog, we will answer the question ‘Where can I get an iPad 10th Gen screen replacement?’
The team at imFixed are here to provide you with premium solutions without the premium costs. We understand how significant our electronic devices are. That’s why we’ve made it our duty to help you with your devices.
The iPad 10th Gen
The iPad 10th Generation was released in 2022. Available in 4 colours and providing a Liquid Retina display, 10.9-inch (diagonal). And a LED backlit Multi‑Touch display with IPS technology, boasting a 2360×1640-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi).
Alongside an A14 bionic chip, 4K filming capabilities and more, this iPad comes prepared to help its user with a variety of features. You can click here to see the full specifications.
What makes an iPad screen so sensitive?
Like with almost every smart device with a touchscreen, glass is used as it is the most appropriate material that can accurately convey touch inputs that it receives. The only drawback to this is the fact that glass can be very brittle, and break easily.
When it comes to iPads, they have a larger screen at just over 10 inches (ca. 25 cm). This means there is a greater surface area that is at risk of cracking and breaking. Simply put, because there is a larger area that is sensitive (the screen), it is more likely to become damaged if it’s dropped etc.
Even if your iPad is dropped on its back, this can result in significant damages. Externally there may be scratches, scrapes or dents. Internally, there is a chance of an internal component becoming dislodges, or bent/affected by the fall.
Where can I get an iPad 10th Gen screen replacement?
Considering the fact that the 10th Generation of iPads are just over a year old, it must be understood that the components required for a screen replacement are not cheap.
With this in mind, imFixed provides a screen replacement for a iPad 10th Gen for £300. Unfortunately, screen repair doesn’t work by replacing or reversing the damage on the affect areas, screens must be replaced completely.
Considering this, it is an extremely affordable and fair price despite the fact it is a fairly recent device.
How do you replace an iPad 10th Generation screen?
- We assess the severity of the damage on the screen, and check to see if there are cracks on the body of the iPad.
- We loosen and separate the screen from the back casing of the iPad.
- The next step is that we remove the screen, making sure to safely disconnect any connective wiring between the screen and the circuit board.
- We assess the internal workings to see if there are any other issues that can contribute to your screen being faulty.
- After this, we carefully attach the replacement screen and all the relevant connections on the circuit board.
- We test the screen to see if it works before fully reattaching.
- Once we know the screen is working, we securely reattach the iPad screen to its backing.
If there are any further damages that we find during our process that needs repair, we will get in contact with you. Of course, additional work will contribute to a higher repair cost.
Ways to protect your iPad screen
As we have established, the sensitivity required for an accurate touchscreen means that glass has to be used, which in itself is quite brittle. That being said, there are additional extras you can purchase to reinforce the durability of your iPad and screen.
- Cases – Cases protect the body of the iPad by absorbing some of the damage that the iPad would have ended up taking during a fall, or most other types of impacts. Screen protectors have the same function. However, some screen protectors are far better than others.
Some screen protectors protect against scratches, whilst others do that, as well as take the brunt of damage that would have otherwise cracked your screen. This is a glass screen protector.
Can I protect my iPad without spending extra money?
Yes, though, this just equates to having a basic level of care and a higher level of perception to any potential screen-damaging incidents. Here are some simple steps you can take to prevent damage to your iPad.
- When not in use, store the iPad in a safe area in which it won’t be moved.
- When in use, be seated, and/or use it in rooms that have carpeting in case there is a fall.
- Do not use exceeding pressure on the screen.
- Keep the iPad way from water and other fluids
- Do not use the iPad on occasions that it does not have your full focus.
- Try not to use the iPad outdoors.
- When storing and transporting the iPad, try to get some padding to protect it from any unexpected impacts during transport.
Apple repairs — what to expect
If you are beyond your manufacturer warranty, or the issue is caused by something not covered by your warranty, then you will be charged for a repair.
According to Apple’s website, a repair for a iPad 10th generation that isn’t a battery issue, costs between £329 — £399 depending on the 10th generation model that you own.
This price can either increase or decrease after they have obtained the specific details they require from you and assessed the level of damage. Please remember that multiple internal and external damages that require repair can bring the price up substantially.
Apple does have an additional support plan for your Apple devices, called AppleCare+ which greatly subsidises the cost of repairs and gives you access to more support services. For this particular model of iPad, the cost of repair with an AppleCare+ plan is an estimated £39.
Services include 24-hour priority calling, however, you still have to pay a monthly fee of £9.99, this might not be worth it for some, along with a cheaper price to repair the fault at hand.
Fix your iPad 10th Gen screen today
Whatever device, model, or issue you have, imFixed is here to help you get it back up and running. Just pop in or call for collection if you’re in the Greater Manchester area to have your device repaired and handed back to you on the same day.
Or, post your device to us from elsewhere in the UK for just £9.99 extra, and have your device repaired and delivered back to your door within 2-3 working days!
What are you waiting for? Get your device repaired today!
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us regarding our expert services, or products. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and encourage you to get in touch to get complete peace of mind.
Within this blog, we hope to have answered the question ‘Where can I get an iPad 10th Gen screen replacement?’ while providing all the information you need. In addition to all the relevant services that you need to make an informed decision when it comes to your smart devices.
You can find us at:
077 548 548 69