Repairing a smart device can be a hassle, especially when the device in question is 8 years old. Apple are renowned for quality services, so does this make a difference in any repairs that may be required for an older Apple device?
In this blog, we will answer the question ‘How much does it cost to repair the screen on an iPad Mini 4th Generation?’
The team at imFixed are here to provide you with premium solutions without the premium costs. We understand how significant our electronic devices are. That’s why we’ve made it our duty to help you with your devices.
The iPad Mini 4th Generation
The iPad Mini 4th Generation was released in 2015, and discontinued in 2019. It is a smaller variant of the Apple iPad, and the successor of the iPad Mini 3rd Generation. As a result, the 4th Generation iPad Mini has a few upgraded features, such as…
- 2048-by-1536 resolution at 326 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- A8 chip with 64‑bit architecture
- M8 motion coprocessor
- 16-128GB memory capacity
And much more. You can read the full specifications here.
Does Apple repair old products?
Yes, to an extent. Apple does repair older products, however, there is a limit to this. Apple has certifications for older products that are older than 5 but less than 7 years old, these are known as ‘Vintage’ products.
Products older than 7 years are considered ‘obsolete’. Obsolete products are not available for hardware repair through Apple. Parts can also not be ordered through Apple for repairs if the product in question is obsolete.
The iPad Mini 4th Generation was released in 2015, and discontinued in 2019. This should place it on the obsolete category of Apple Products, meaning Apple will not provide repair services or produces parts for this product anymore. However, because it was only discontinued 4 years ago, there is a chance it can still be repaired via Apple.
Apple does have an additional support plan for your Apple devices, called AppleCare+ which greatly subsidises the cost of phone repairs and gives you access to more support services.
Services include 24-hour priority calling, however, you still have to pay a monthly fee of £9.99, along with a cheaper price to repair the fault at hand. This could be a valuable asset for someone who uses their iPhone to create content, for example.
Can I still get my Apple device repaired outside of warranty and without AppleCare+?
Yes, as long as the device is not obsolete or vintage, you can get it repaired from Apple, however, you will be paying for the service. Prices will vary depending on the product.
How much does it cost to repair the screen on an iPad Mini 4th Generation
When it comes to the screen of an iPad Mini 4th Generation, it can’t be repaired, only replaced. Screens, although their damages can appear on one area, doesn’t mean that that specific area can be repaired, screens require a full replacement.
When it comes to screen replacement of an iPad Mini 4th Generation, imFixed charges £130. Considering this is an 8-year-old product, this competitive pricing.
What is the replacement process of an iPad Mini 4?
Here is a basic outline of the process we undertake to replace your iPad Mini 4 screen.
- We assess the severity of the damage on the screen, and check to see if there are cracks on the body of the iPad Mini 4.
- We loosen and separate the screen from the back casing of the iPad Mini 4.
- The next step is that we remove the screen, making sure to safely disconnect any connective wiring between the screen and the circuit board.
- We assess the internal workings to see if there are any other issues that can contribute to your screen being faulty.
- After this, we carefully attach the replacement screen and all the relevant connections on the circuit board.
- We test the screen to see if it works before fully reattaching.
- Once we know the screen is working, we securely reattach the iPad screen to its backing.
Manufacturer repair vs device repair shop
For manufacturers who conduct repairs, this is what you can expect from reputable, and quality-driven manufacturers.
- The manufacturer conducting repair will know the device details intimately.
- They will have the parts required on hand.
- Has all the right equipment to conduct the repair.
- Some offer a temporary replacement during repair.
- Some manufacturers can provide doorstep repair services.
- Quality is assured simply due to the fact that they are abiding by the stipulations of the manufacturer.
On the other hand, here are some of the issues you can face…
- Can typically be more costly.
- Likely to take long, as they have other devices to repair just like yours.
- Their stipulations may prevent them from conducting certain work.
- Additional costs may come into play depending on their findings.
Device repair shop
Here are the positive aspects you can expect when using the services of any established device repair shop.
- Sometimes cheaper prices for the same repair from a manufacturer.
- Depending on the distance between you and the shop, it can be a shorter wait time for the repair. Simply because the device isn’t going to a repair centre far away, and repair shops won’t be dealing with the volume of repairs that a manufacturer’s repair centre will.
- You can speak to the person repairing your device in real-time, should they require additional information.
- Has a wide range of replacement options on hand should your repair not be able to be conducted due to irreparable damage.
- Can give you straightforward and unbiased guidance on any queries you may have, as a smartphone manufacturer does not employ them.
- If there are certain parts needed that they don’t have, they would have to order it in, extending your waiting time.
- Their repair services will likely void any warranty that is still active at the time of repair.
- Depending on the shop, they may be unfamiliar with your smartphone and take longer to repair it as a result.
Repair iPad Mini 4th Generation today
Whatever device, model, or issue you have, imFixed is here to help you get it back up and running. Just pop in or call for collection if you’re in the Greater Manchester area to have your device repaired and handed back to you on the same day.
Or, post your device to us from elsewhere in the UK for just £9.99 extra, and have your device repaired and delivered back to your door within 2-3 working days!
What are you waiting for? Get your device repaired today!
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us regarding our expert services, or products. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and encourage you to get in touch to get complete peace of mind.
Within this blog, we hope to have answered the question ‘How much does it cost to repair the screen on an iPad Mini 4th Generation?’ while providing all the information you need. In addition to all the relevant services that you need to make an informed decision when it comes to your smart devices.
You can find us at:
077 548 548 69